While many of us get into our cars each day and expect to get to our destination without trouble, unexpected things can happen. Whenever you use your vehicle, being as prepared as possible is the single best way to handle a variety of different types of situations. Whether you hit some bad weather, get a flat tire, or are involved in a minor vehicle collision, having emergency items on hand when you need them can make a huge difference!
We know that emergency or unexpected situations on the road can be scary, but this is why being as prepared as possible can help aid you in these instances and take away some of the stress that comes with having to deal with an unexpected situation. We recommend having the following 10 emergency items on hand in your vehicle at all times:
- A spare tire, jack and a lug wrench to change a flat tire.
- A flashlight in case you need light in the dark to change a tire or check out something on your vehicle.
- A small tool kit to handle tire repairs or other repairs on the go.
- A first aid kit just in case you need band aids or other first aid materials.
- Non-perishable foods such as nuts or trail mix in your car can come in handy if you need energy or food in any situation.
- Carry water bottles just in case.
- A phone charger is always good to have in your vehicle just in case you need it during an emergency situation.
- Jumper cables for restarting your battery if it dies unexpectedly.
- Emergency phone numbers including roadside assistance, tow truck company, and your trusted auto repair shop (University Chevron, of course)
- A reflective vest, flares, or foldable emergency cones for when you're changing a tire around other vehicles.
These are just some of the important items that we believe can come in handy in a variety of emergency situations. The best way that you can help yourself avoid breakdowns or flat tires is by ensuring that your vehicle is always well maintained and taken care of. Here at University Chevron, we are here to assist when you find yourself needing any type of car repair or service. Give us a call or stop by our shop today!